(Scroll down for reports from past field trips)
Our field trips are opened to members of the San Francisco Gem & Mineral Society, who should check their Mineralog for dates for upcoming field trips.
Check back to this page for new information about co-op field trips, added or deleted trips, and published trips scheduled by other clubs and organizations which may be opened to the public. (We add this information from time to time as it becomes available to us.) Each bullet point below is a separate trip
SFGMS Trips planned for 2017 include:
- Covelo CA, Northern California for Covelo Jade
- Tonopah, NV Area for Royston Turquoise fee dig
- NV and Utah points for garnet chalcedony, wood, fluorescent materials, Dugway geodes and more.
- Plush, OR, Hart Mtn. and Rainbow Ridge for sunstones, obsidian, opals
- Hallelujah Junction, CA for quartz crystals and rose quartz
- McDermitt, OR area for agate & opalized Wood
- Apache Creek, NM for gate and Silver City Rock Show
- Crystal Ridge to Haystack Mtn. CA for amazonite, beryl, star rose quartz, smokey quartz, and amethyst
If you're not a member and you'd like to participate, membership is easy and inexpensive - click here for membership information.
Agates and More at Pescadero Beach, California ...by Kevin Anderson, member SFGMS
Topaz Mountain Area, Utah ...by Jay Bates, member SFGMS
Northern Nevada Opal, Eastern Oregon Sunstone and more ...by Lee Bates
A Montana Trek ...by Jay Bates, member SFGMS.
Benitoite Gem Mine, Spring, 2007 ...by Jay Bates, member SFGMS.
Clear Creak Mines, San Benito County, California ...by Jay Bates, member SFGMS.
Himalaya Tourmaline Mine, San Diego County, California ...by Jay Bates, member SFGMS.